10 Common Signs of Spiritual Awakening or Ascension
We are living in a time where it is becoming increasingly normal for people to embrace their spiritual sides. Even people that would not normally use the label of spirituality are open to concepts such as finding their life’s purpose and trusting their own intuition.
Although we live in a world where science, logic and rationality are revered, many people are left questioning the way we are told to live our life. No matter how hard they try to avoid it, the question “there’s got to be more to life than this?” niggles away at them.
More and more people are awakening spiritually and are longing for more than is available in the material world. The runaway success of “The Secret” DVD, goes to show that the world is ready to embrace universal laws and has been left wanting more.
Spiritual emergence or ascension is subtle by nature, subtle energy shifts which raise your vibration with huge physical impacts. It is also a personal journey that differs from person to person but I hope my experience of it will be of use to you.
Here are 10 signs of spiritual awakening or ascension symptoms that I discovered during my spiritually awakening:
1. Emotional rollercoaster
You may find yourself touched and on the verge of tears more often than usual. Crying at the drop of a hat over the news or a display of sentiment that you would not have cried over before is common. You may also find yourself to be more aggressive or angry with people. Some days you will feel depressed and other days full of joy. You truly feel the full range of emotions and yes it is draining, but it’s happening for a reason. Stay present to the feelings, feel them fully and they will pass.
2. Stronger connection to nature
Previously your attitude to nature may have been “take it or leave it”. Now, you have a deep appreciation for all of nature, the colours and the shapes. You start to welcome the seasons whereas you used to dread winter. You may also start to like animals you never liked before. I developed a love of cats, much to the amusement of my friends who knew I couldn’t stand them before. You’re changing and becoming more accepting of things for what they are.
3. Changes in energy levels
One day you are bouncing off the walls, another day you can’t even get out of bed! You’ve got to roll with this one as much as you can. Sleep, rest or chill on the down days and flow with the energy on the high days. Try and eat healthily and try not to stress or feel guilty, it will stabilise.
4. A feeling that something has changed within you
You simply feel different, you may not look any different but you know something has changed internally. Your old ways are falling by the wayside and the real you is starting to emerge.
5. Sudden awareness of recurring patterns or relationships
You may have been living out the same old patterns for decades but suddenly you become aware of it. You may realise that you always destroy what you create, always pick unavailable partners or always attract dependant people – the list is endless. This is great, becoming aware is the first step in eradicating it.
6. Food intolerances, allergies and cravings
As you are becoming more sensitive to energy, your body may start to react to foods you have always eaten and/or you may start to crave something different. The intolerances and allergies may not be permanent so remove them from your diet for a few months and try again later. The cravings may be what your body needs so go with it and trust your body to communicate what it requires.
7. A desire to “find yourself”, change your social group, behaviour, job etc.
Your material needs have been met and there is still a longing for more. You may start to question who you really are and start to see that your current life may not have been a conscious choice and is more of a by product. Before you can consciously choose you may find yourself stripping away layers to reconnect with you, the spiritual you.
8. An increase in occurrences of coincidence
Better known as synchronicity, favourable people and beneficial circumstance start to appear with exactly what you need. Answers to questions are revealed to you through signs and messages. Synchronicity is a sign you are on the right track and that you are aware of these miracles happening around you. The more you notice and take heed, the more they appear so show appreciation for the guidance you are receiving.
9. Quicker manifestations
Spiritual awakening raises your vibration; this involves a release of blockages which allows abundance to flow to you. Being in alignment with a higher vibration results in quicker and more beneficial manifestations to be received by you. Be aware of your thoughts so you get what you really want or better.
10. A change in what you read, hobbies etc
You are changing for the better; you are heading for a life of deeper fulfilment and purpose. As you do you will find different ways to pass the time and may not enjoy things you have always done as much anymore. It’s fine, new pastimes will interest you just be open to what comes your way.
Change and growth are taking place; the discomfort you experience is increased by resistance. Know that all is exactly as it should be and you are having the human experience of growth, let go and roll with it. When discomfort strikes, ask yourself where or what you are resisting and let it go. They say the darkest part of the night is just before dawn, so know that it’s for good.
Lola Fayemi is a Lifestyle Coach that helps people to *shine* and unleash their potential without selling their soul. She supports her clients to create vibrant and fabulous lifestyles in harmony with their true nature. More information on Lola can be found at http://www.alignedandthriving.com where you can sign-up for her free ebook ‘5 Steps to Living the Life You Really Want’.
- A dissatisfaction with your current situation such as relationship, friendships, job or the location that you live. You have a intuitive feeling that you need to end your relationship, set limits with or let go of negative friendships, leave your job or move to a different place, as it “feels” wrong, even though you may have difficulty explaining why. These situations are your choices, so they may be difficult to deal with. They usually bring up feelings of fear and doubt, so trusting them and taking action on them can be challenging.
- You may be experiencing tragedy, loss, upset or turmoil in some or even all areas of your life. This is when life forces you into change. You get fired from your job. Your partner leaves you. You experience a great loss such as the death of a family member, friend or pet. You may be involved in an accident, tragedy or natural disaster that causes physical or health challenges. You may be struggling financially, emotionally, physically or mentally. These situations push you to search for meaning and understanding about why these events are happening, who you are, what is important to you and what your purpose is.
- Your spiritual or psychic abilities will begin to awaken and develop. The 4 main ones are clairvoyance (spiritual sight), clairaudience (spiritual hearing), claircognizance (spiritual knowing) and clairsentience (spiritual feeling). This is where your ability to see and communicate with spiritual and angelic beings develops. You may hear your name called but “noone is there” or you may “see” things or people that are not present physically. You are not going crazy. You are actually improving and developing new abilities to communicate in a new way. It like learning any new skill or language as it requires practice to learn and do.
- You feel a strong draw or pull to do something specific. This will most likely lead you to discovering your life purpose. This may be something completely different than you do now and you may not understand it but it feels good or right for some reason. It could be some form of healing or connecting people or energy work or related to animals etc. Again, trust and follow these feelings.